FREDDIE GRUBB x INSTRMNT
Developed in collaboration with minimalist design studio and acclaimed watch makers Instrmnt, our 2-Speed city bike incorporates the ethos of both brands, treating form and function with equal importance.
A 2-speed Automatix gear and SRAM coaster brake were specified to make city riding easier and more enjoyable, while a stitched leather top tube protector was designed to guard the frame from chips and act as a carry grip for the hand or shoulder.
Bespoke-made and by Longside Leather, the top tube protector sits alongside matching handlebar grips and an iconic FG saddle, with each leather component designed to develop and patina over the lifetime of the bike. Each model was hand built by us in our South London workshop.
- Size: 57cm
- Colour: Hayward Grey
- Grips + top tube protector: Longside Leather bespoke, hand-stitched
- Frame: Freddie Grubb Mens Frame, double-butted CroMo, custom tubing configurations
- Fork: True Temper CroMo, custom Freddie Grubb cast fork crown, rack and fender eyelets
- Headset: Tange Seiki, Passage (SE32 DX) - Polished alloy, 1”
- Handlebar: Nitto Alloy Flat Bar
- Stem: FG Polished alloy, 1 1/8”, +/6º rise
- Front brake: Dia Compe, BRS101
- Back brake: SRAM coaster brake
- Brake levers: Tektro, FL750
- Shifters: Automatic
- Crankset: Andel, RSC7-7172. 48T
- Bottom bracket: Tange Seiki, LN 3922
- Chain: KMC, Z510HX
- Front hub: Formula TH-50, sealed bearing
- Rear hub: SRAM, 2 Speed Automatix with coaster brake
- Tyres: Dia Compe, Ene Ciclo. Brown/Beige 700 x 28C
- Pedals: MKS Sylvan road bike pedal in alloy, toe-clip compatible
- Saddle: Freddie Grubb Mens leather saddle in Honey
- Seatpost: Polished alloy, 27.2mm x 350mm
- Cabling: Jagwire Brake/Gear
Want to buy one?
These were a limited edition build but if you're interested in getting something similar then get in touch. We can quote custom builds on request.